Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Blog post #1

    About Me: Hello, my name is Justin Walker. I am 21 years old and I'm a Physical Education major at the University of South Alabama. I'm a native of Mobile, Alabama and I have lived here all of my life. I attended Faith Academy in High School where I graduated in 2009. I am also a member of the University of South Alabama Football team. I was originally supposed to attend the Univeristy of Southern Mississippi to play football and Major in Sports Medicine. I began to look into USA's football program and I had a great feeling about college football coming to Mobile. By being from Mobile I already knew about South's excellence in academics. That encouraged me to attend the wonderful University of South Alabama.




    I have two siblings, Timothy(23) and Christopher(18). I have a wonderful loving family whom I enjoy spending much time with. My interest include: sports, mentoring youth, music, church, and playing the drums.I am also a DJ and have been in this profession for the last four years. My reasons for entering the field of education are: inspiring kids to have a bright future, steering kids in the right direction, and helping kids understand the importance of education. I have a passion for mentoring kids and sports.I feel that my passion may lead me into the coaching field, where I can mentor young men and still be involved in sports. My passion will also lead me to make sure that every student that I encounter gets a proper education. It is vital that children receive a great education, because they are the future leaders of tomorrow.

Time Management
    Randy Pausch on Time Management When I watched Dr.Pausch's video on Time Management, I learned how effective planning things out can be. Dr. Pausch emphasized that having a plan is key and that you can and that you can always adjust your plan, but at least have a plan. In the video Dr. Pausch made a clear point that you should have a to do list to help manage your time. This presentation allowed me to analyze and correct the flaws that I had in my time management skills. Before watching this video I had a problem with procrastination. Now I have created a daily to do list to rid my life of procrastination.

3 comments:

  1. "I was originally suppose to attend..." supposed not suppose

    I am glad you are putting Dr. Pausch's suggestions to work!

    You are the second or third student that I have encountered so far from Faith Academy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dr. Strange for pointing that error out to me. Dr. Pausch's methods are very helpful and I am currently cutting back on my procrastination. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete